ENTRIES NOW CLOSED. A passion for photography and travel go well together. Frontier delivers on both! With the support of the NewSchool of Architecture and Design and the Santa Fe University of Art and Design we are bringing you a full scholarship and flights to summer courses at the NewSchool od Architecture and Design in July 2016.
ArtFest is an exciting three weeks long workshop series where you’ll have the opportunity to improve your photography skills and meet fellow creatives from all over the world. All this in the magical location of Santa Fe, New Mexico. Excited?
All you have to do to is to enter with a portrait photograph here on Frontier before the 1st of December 2015. A panel of photography experts will then decide who receives the scholarship. Keep reading for the details!
Photograph a subject you connect with through the process of creating a portrait capturing the personality and essence of the individual. We encourage innovation and originality focusing on image over process. In short, create a portrait photo of another individual (no self portraits or selfies).
You should focus on your subject and use primarily in-camera techniques to capture that image (e.g. lighting, composition, focus, expression, etc). While we encourage innovative thinking within these boundaries, we appreciate minimum amount of post-processing. ‘Keep it real!'
There are no special requirements for the setting. Feel free portrait people in their native environment, or in front or a studio background or any backdrop — remember, the focus is on the person.
A full scholarship to take up to two of summer courses at the NewSchool of Architecture and Design in San Diego, California, in July.NewSchool’s two-week Summer Courses give creative students the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals in the exciting design district of San Diego, California. Selected visits to museums, companies, production sites and design studios during the programmes expose students to the creative and cultural environment in San Diego.
Prizes for SFUAD students
The first prize for SFUAD students will be a $500 gift card to B&H Photo, the largest non-chain photo and video equipment store in the United States. Basically, the magical candy-store for professional photographers. This got us so excited, we decided to give out a second prize as well, which is a $300 B&H Photo gift card. We know you already have something in mind on how to spend it!
- In order to participate, you have to be a Frontier member (sign up here), your profile details filled out and have least 3 different creative work (other than your entry) displayed in your portfolio. It helps us to see more of your creative side. If you automatically acquire the ’Startup Portfolio’ badge on your profile, you are on the right track!
- One person can only submit up to 3 entries. If you submit more, we’ll only look at your first three uploads.
- Your entry has to be your own original photograph. Frontier has zero tolerance for plagiarism.
- The scholarship prize is open to any young (college age) creative around the world, who meets the requirements.
- In order to win the scholarship prize you have to be at least 17 years old and eligible to travel to the US.
- To win the SFUAD student prize, you have to be a student at the Santa Fe University of Art and Fesign.
Entry deadline is the 1st of December 2015!
Individuals submitting original images to Frontier retain full copyright of their work. By submitting images, the artist grants Laureate Design Universities and Frontier permission to reproduce winning images with credit, in both print and electronic media for the purposes of promoting LDU, Frontier, future competitions without compensation.
For further terms and conditions of being part of the Frontier community, click here.
See more on the Privacy Policies at SFUAD here.
* Scholarship prize can be subject to change in time and location. Details will be clarifyed and finalised by February 2016