Thanks to all those who entered.
Winners will be announced 15 June 2019.
Keep an eye out for an email to see if you made the top 30.
Judges will be requesting a High Res Tiff of a selected images for final critque.
Are you a Billy Blue or Media Design School student?
We’re challenging you to think beyond traditional ideas and create the unexpected. To frame your work in a new light. With the streets as your subject, you’re invited to capture your surroundings in a way only you know how. We’re looking for the everyday shown in new and exciting ways.
Using equipment hired (for free) from the Design Technology Store on campus (the MDS AV Hub on the Auckland campus), or using your own, you will be taking street photography (also known as urban photography). Looking at the everyday lives of people in public places, your photos will need to include an urban setting and a human element. Digital manipulation in post is permitted, but to only enhance the authenticity of the moment captured. Details on applicable adjustments see below under the heading Digital Manipulation*.
Open to all students at Billy Blue College of Design, Torrens University Australia and Media Design School, you will need to sign up to Frontier to participate and submit. All entries will be shown in the gallery below and later judged for prize-winning submissions. See prizes below. Judges will be selected from each campus to ensure fairness. Submissions DEADLINE EXTENDED to Friday May 3. Closes Midnight.
First prize: $800.00
Second prize: $400.00
Third prize: $100.00
How ... What?
- To be eligible to enter, you have to be a student at Billy Blue College of Design at Torrens University Australia or Media Design School in New Zealand, with a current student ID number.
- Submitted photos must have been taken after 01 January 2019.
- One entrant can enter up to 3 submissions.
- Your entry has to be your own original photograph. Frontier has zero tolerance for plagiarism.
How to enter
All eligible and ready to enter? Follow these steps:
See a step-by-step guide on how to enter here.
- 1. Sign up to Frontier. If you are not a member, please sign up here.
- 2. 'Create project' to add your creative project to your portfolio.
- 3. Setup your image at 800px on the longest edge and 72dpi. Should be less than 1MB
- 4,5,6,7 Upload images + thumbnail + crop + fill out the details of the projects. Title and image captions are a must.
- Enter the competition using the form on the right. Select your project from the drop down menu.
- You are done and in for the sweet cash prizes.
See all Terms & Conditions here.
Adjustments may be made to cropping, noise, sharpness, colour, tone and contrast, including dodging and burning and black-and-white conversions. Stitched panoramas focus stacks and HDR images are also allowed. Competition organisers reserve the right to disqualify an image if they feel it lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation. Any post-production and editing must be the work of the entrant.
By entering, you agree with the Terms and Conditions of this competition.