Do you love gaming? Why not make it your career? The grand prize of this creative challenge is a scholarship and flights to study game development at the No. 1 digital design school in Asia Pacific — Media Design School in Auckland, New Zealand. This is a perfect opportunity to have the best student experience, where you do what you love in one of the safest, most beautiful countries on earth. See more about Media Design School here.
Media Design School is offering a 50% scholarship to a qualified international student (Non-NZ residents) on the first year’s tuition fee for their Game Design or Game Programming Bachelor Degree. On top of this, after enrolling, we will pay for your flight to New Zealand from your destination.
How to apply?
To apply for the scholarship you need to respond to our creative brief with your best effort. The challenge is to design an original character for a video game!
Come up with an original design for a character that could appear in a video game. The character can be a hero, a villain or even a background character. The medium used is entirely up to you: you can submit a sketch, digital painting, or even a fully realized 3D model. The end result should be a unique and dynamic character that would breathe life into a video game world.
The focus should be an original design as well as a unique rendering/illustrative style. Feel free to be inspired by existing characters, however your character must be completely original. Including a background or environment is permitted, but make sure your character is the star of the show. Let your creativity shine!
The submissions will close on 15 November 2016.
Winners will be announced on the 6th of December.
Courses start either in February or July 2017, your choice.
A panel of industry experts will judge the competition and provide advice on the Frontier blog to support the competition. The winners will be contacted following judging.
- In order to participate, you must be a Frontier member (sign up here) with profile and at least 3 different creative works (other than your entry) displayed in your portfolio. These can be drawings, photography or digital design.
- Your entry has to be original, created 100% by you. Frontier has zero tolerance for plagiarism.
- Your entry must be an original design. Illustrating a pre-existing character will not be permitted.
- You can submit more than one character designs if you wish.
- Do not submit inappropriate content.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the beginning of your studies with Media Design School.
- A minimum IELTS 6.0 (or equivalent) level of English fluency is required for admission to Media Design School.
- If you want to enroll in Game Programming, your mathematics proficiency will be assessed.
- This scholarship is offered to international students only (non-NZ residents). New Zealand residents can apply for scholarships here.
- You must meet all entry and visa requirements